January 27, 2020

Seeking God's Kingdom

I don't know exactly how it happened.  All my good intentions went right out the window within a matter of hours.  However, I haven't forgotten about my key word for the year...purpose.  In fact, that word has been at the forefront of my mind on a daily basis.

I was talking with one of my sweet friends yesterday, and she admitted that she's walking through some of the same valleys I'm dealing with right now.  Feelings of disquiet.  Discontentment.  Discouragement.  Wondering exactly how to make our lives count.

It was no coincidence that our pastor spoke on those exact things yesterday.  In Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, (specifically Matthew 6:25-34) He taught that we are not to worry about necessary or even unnecessary needs.  After all, the birds can always find a meal.  The grasses that have a short life span are thoughtfully and carefully arrayed with colorful blossoms.  If God cares about these supposedly small, unimportant things, how much more does He care about me?





Only idolaters seek after and worry about worldly things.  They have no trust in God. However, as a Christian, I am to seek what God wants and what He's up to...the business of His kingdom.  His righteousness...value and character.  I am to rely on His promise of provision...He will take care of the necessities of life.  I'm to only concern myself with what God's provided me with.  In other words, I'm to trade my agenda for God's agenda and not be consumed by temporary things.







That leaves me thinking about God's provision.  He's given me my health, a loving husband, three amazing children and nice home.  I have wonderful friends and a sweet church family. I've been given opportunity for ministry.   Only God alone knows the outcome of my life.  I just need to seek Him daily and take care of the blessings He's given me.







No comments:

Post a Comment