December 31, 2019

Hello, Again!

Well, I've decided to dive back into the blogosphere again...maybe not everyday, but at least once a week.

So, on that note, hello, again!  If we haven't met, my name is Shelly.  I consider myself a homemaker, but am also a preschool music teacher, piano and voice instructor, as well as nursery coordinator and children's choir director for my church.  I've been married for 22 years to my sweet husband.  We have 3 teenagers... 2 daughters and a son.  This blog is dedicated to encourage like-minded women that want to live a life that pleases the Lord.  I in NO way consider myself to have all the answers or want to set myself up to be a standard of "this is THE way, walk ye in it!"  I have not arrived spiritually.  I'm learning and growing every day.  

Maybe it's my age... (51 - yikes!) maybe it's the idea of a new decade... I'm not sure.  But, somehow, this upcoming new year has me assessing the life I've lived, choices I've made, and what I've deemed as "important".  Don't misunderstand... I've always wanted to live a life that pleases the Lord, but I haven't keep it at the forefront in my mind.  I've been reviewing my life lately, and I realize I've been falling short.

Time for total transparency here.  

I waste entirely too much time in things that simply don't matter.  Facebook.  Netflix.  TV.  Pinterest.  You get the idea.  Not that all of those things are bad.  It's the amount of time/importance that I place on them.  It's what I may let "slide" by.  

I also don't do things that are best for my health.  I worry/get angry about things I can't control.  Ingest food items that have no real nutritional value whatsoever, but just taste good.  I live a sedentary lifestyle.

I've also neglected to work on the gifts/talents the Lord has given me.  Piano and vocal practice, spending quality time on lesson preparations.

I feel as if I've let things slip.  My homemaking.  My quiet time.  My relationships.

I now acknowledge that these feelings of disquiet are from the Lord.  Yes, He is a loving father, but a loving Father also admonishes His children.  He's not condemning me, but allowing me to recognize my shortcomings.  That way, with His help, I can transform into the woman that glorifies Him.  I'm so grateful that He still speaks to me, even though I've failed Him.  

With much prayer and consideration, I'm making the year of 2020 be my year of 20/20 vision.  To seek the Lord faithfully.  To look at each upcoming day as a gift.  To make my life matter for His kingdom.  

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions.  I usually fail by the end of the first week!  This year, however, I've decided to claim a key word.  That key word is purpose.  I want everything I do to have purpose.

How I spend my time.  What I eat.  How I manage my home.  What I talk about with my friends. How I teach my sweet students. 

I want it all to have purpose.











No comments:

Post a Comment